Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I apologize...

I feel like apologizing....in my old life...the one I was living about 14 days ago, I had wi-fi at every corner, a computer or handheld device within inches 24/7. Now...I am out by the lake (too wet and dirty to even dare bring my phone), or tromping around on the hill, or simply 'out of range.' There's not even '3G' most of the places I drive!

So, the apology part is because, in my old life people knew what I was up to....so....in writing this...I have no idea who I am apologizing to because, certainly, there cannot be very many people missing my multiple daily updates on Facebook. BUT, I do know that there are people who might be missing ME...because I am missing them. It's so weird to not know what they are doing today...or yesterday....or when they have a dentist appointment or what time they're all meeting at Finch Park....Alas, I've been through this before - facebook kept me "in-the-know" with the daily/weekly doings of my friends in NY...but coming back is not the same. In Texas I was connected to my little black box, here, I have no desire to 'check-in.' Which in many ways is very, very good. But, in one way - the way where I feel remotely connected to people I love far away - it's not so good.

So...I guess this post is just about missing my friends in Texas. Dear friends, I am so, so happy to be back home, but know, that I miss each of you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment