Friday, March 9, 2012

Not one photo

For the last few days I have had my dad, stepmom, and two sisters staying with us and I did not take one picture.

It frustrates me...but I also feel liberated. I HATE missing the moment because I am behind a camera taking a picture. Living in the moment is where I'd much rather be...but now they are gone and I don't have any pics to post or put in an album in three years when I get around to making an album for 2012.

So here are some shots I would have taken had I charged and used my camera in no particular order.

**Liam BARRELING across the lobby of his school with his arms out wide to give his grandpa a huge hug when he came to pick him up.

**Alie...getting hit by a stick in the woods flung by a careless Liam.

**My sister Jill's, long slender fingers caught, playfully, in Austin's jaws...and if I were recording you'd here her sweet laugh as she tenderly scolds him.

**Alie, her own long hair piled on top of her head, with her fingers intricately knotting and braiding mine...for the fourth time.

**My stepmom, Krissy, looking up from the train platform, waving and blowing good-bye kisses emphatically to Finny.

**The eight of us, nine if you include the dog, standing in 100+ year old graveyard, on a beautiful sunny day, appreciating the life and death all around us.

**My Dad, Krissy, sisters, and I huddled around a perfect coffee cake with plates and forks.

**Finn, in miniature bowling shoes, carrying a bowling ball more than half his weight, to push down the alley.

**Three sister in the kitchen washing/drying dishes and baking together.

You get the idea...there's my little photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment