Thursday, May 21, 2009

Holy Cow!

Okay, so I have mentioned that Littleman is quite the little swimmer.  Well, today, he wanted to go down the BIG waterslide at the gym's outdoor pool.  He had gone down once before, in his swim instructor's lap on the last day of swim class.  He has wanted to do it again since, but the pool has a strict NO lap-riding rule.

So, we climb to the top of the tower and I explain that I'll go down first and wait for him at the bottom.  (Granted, I have to wait on the OTHER side of the safety rope, b/c people are not allowed to hang out at the bottom of the waterslide.  Sliders are supposed to be able to clear the slide themselves.)  So, we're waiting our turn, shivering a little (it was 80, but breezy up there), and the lifeguard looks at Littleman and says, "Is he tall enough?"  Technically, no.  You need to be 42 inches and he is only 40.  I say so to the lifeguard.  The very young guard says, "Well, can he swim?"  And I respond, "oh sure, wouldn't be up here if he couldn't!"

And so, I go down and wait for my boy at the bottom.  And what do you know?  He plopped into the water and swam right to where I was waiting on the other side of the rope!  It was amazing.  I had to go down before him one more time and then he was off.  He went down two dozen times all on his own!  Here is a picture of a similar slide at a different club.  I couldn't find one of the slide at our actual gym.

 

I swelled with pride.  I can't believe he could go down a REAL waterslide!!!!  Amazing.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow!! Have I been the worst blog groupie ever!! I think about you both randomly but frequently...just never seem to make it here. Well, I'm back and have caught up on the past year of your life!! What an amazing year it has been for you. I have to say I have mini-cooper envy. I think they are just the sweetest things on the road! Your new house is just beautiful and Littleman's new playground is FANTASTIC!! I can't believe how big he is and that he is going to be a brother! Congratulations!!! You both look wonderful and sooooo happy! I'm always amazed by how easily you make close friends wherever you go. I think it is a clear reflection on the type of warm-hearted people you are.

    ReplyDelete