Friday, September 18, 2009

So totally true...

So many mom friends told me that when you have you have #2 you simply do not have time to keep up with all the baby books and photo albums.  Naturally, I took that with a grain of salt because I keep a multitude of journals at any given time.  Alas, I have to admit they are right.  They were and are absolutely right.  I can barely find the time to shower or make the bed or return emails, let alone keep up journals, baby books, and photo albums.  So far, I haven't even touched a photo album.  I HAVE made a few notes in the fancy baby book and on Monday I was actually able to write three or four entire pages in LittleGuy's journal recounting his birth and his first days in our world.  I haven't even touched Littleman's or my own journal.  They sit on my desk, sending me vibes of sadness and neglect, their pages longing for the stories and emotions that have been surging through our family these last few weeks.

I am pretty confident the stories will get written...it might take me a year to document just a couple of things, but so be it.  Something is better than nothing.  AND, they'll always have the blog to look back at...if I ever get around to printing out the last couple of months.

Otherwise, things are well.  Papabear is enjoying his new job - today was his first 12 hour shift - ten to ten.  It's ten now, so he isn't home yet.  I talked to him earlier and even though it's exhausting, he loves it.  And even though Littleman had school for five hours, I'm exhausted, too.  Bedtime is tough when there's a screaming infant and a young person who has grown used to mama's undivided attention.  It breaks my heart when Littleman sighs and says, "Just take that crying baby out of my room."  I'm working on getting the baby down before Littleman....we'll see.  It's a little hard to peg down a routine just yet.

In the meantime, I am in love with our little baby.  Even though I am holding him most of the day, the most wonderful time, is around 7am, after I nurse him and I lay him down beside me in our bed.  There is something so sacred and intimate about his warm little body, safe and snug between his mommy and daddy in the early morning. (Sometimes it's more like 5am - I am really not letting him sleep in bed with us, so I try to wait until the sun comes up and he's more awake - it's more of a snuggle time).  He smells like heaven and when Littleman crawls in with us before we start the day I feel completely whole and content.  My family, healthy, happy, warm and cozy, all together in the safest place I know...now...if only we had a bigger bed we could stay there all day....speaking of bed, I need to get some shut eye!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... More than one journal would never work for me... I recently found my anniversary keepsake journal and realized it had been something like FOUR YEARS since I updated it... I could not even remember what we had done to celebrate our anniversary some of those years! I got a good laugh out of that one... At least I have a general feeling of happiness when I think back on them... I guess that will have to do!

    ReplyDelete