Friday, December 18, 2009

'Tis the season

It's time to be merry and we are.  My mom came for a brief visit, but it was just the thing to make the season jolly.  I miss my family so much and Christmas is really "our" holiday.  Both my mom and dad, before and after the divorce, made Christmas the most special, huge, happy holiday of the year for as long as I can remember.  It is by far the most difficult time for me to be away from all of them.  Anyway, while my mom's visit was short, it was wonderful.  She showered Liam in her special Mormor love and cuddled with Finn.  My stepdad finally got to see where we live and meet our newest member.  It was a really nice weekend.

In the meantime, I am celebrating the holidays with friends, the friends who have kindly made themselves our extended family.  And while all this merry-making occurs, I am constantly thinking about having another child. I KNOW!  I swore two was the number for me....and I can't figure out why I am thinking all day long about another baby...hormones? The desire to try for a girl? Or nurse another little wonder? I certainly cannot afford another person...but that's beside the point.  I love the babies Papabear and I have made...it seems sad not to bring one more into our lives.  The c-section was so terrifying, but also very, very quick.  Ack.  I am just rambling.  I go back and forth.  I feel guilty making LittleGuy a middle child.  I know it would turn all of Papabear's hair gray.  It would mean...a million things. I'm just thinking.  I love our little family, it really is perfect the way it is.  I'm  just saying...should there be another...one day...just IF...it would be totally okay with me.

So, please forget you read all that and enjoy the video and photos below.  I have a bunch of videos to upload, they just take forever.

 

Mormor

I make it to the other side of the camera.

Fun, fun Mormor.

I haven't had latkes since I moved to Texas - my mom was kind enough to make a huge batch.  They are AWESOME!!!

A friend loaned me her Bumbo - aaahhh, the baby stuff, it's neverending!

Littleman all decked out for his caroling show at preschool.

Sleepy baby.

I swear he doesn't usually sleep with all this stuff, as recommended by the American Pediatric Association.  He was asleep with all this stuff for about one minute - just long enough to grab the camera.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

3 comments:

  1. What great pics! Glad you had a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is perfectly reasonable to think about having another baby, whether it would be the right thing for you or not... Thinking never hurt anyone! ;-) ... Love the "big brudder" video... Can't wait to see Boogie in that capacity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FWIW, my Princess has no problems being a middle. She is happy being a little sister and a big sister. And the both of them routinely tell me to just have the next baby already. They'd seriously love a million more. But they've also both been told there would be more babies.... I don't know how different it would be if it was a surprise (although I seriously expect an argument when I tell them we're done at 4).

    ReplyDelete