Thursday, December 9, 2010

Off the ole chest

...wish I could get Finn's hands....

Other things on my mind at midnight on a school night:
-Christmas is SO close. I can almost taste the bite of NY air. I can't wait to step out of Newark Airport and be embraced with frigid temperatures and the warm arms of my mama, siblings, and so forth.
-Christmas is SO SO close! I can't wait for the look on Liam and Finn's faces when they see what Santa is leaving for them...
-Um...did I mention that CHRISTMAS IS SO CLOSE???? Presents, cookies, bells, twinkling lights...man, I love this time of year....

Hmmm....what else?

-Oh, I am only 5 pounds away from my winter goal of losing 15 pounds by Christmas. How, you ask? Cabbage-frickin-soup. Not all day, every day....but frequently enough. Also, I try to get in an exercise video or elliptical at the very least 4 times a week. It feels awesome. Can I actually lose 30 by spring? Crazier things have happened.
-Talked to a friend back in NY who had her first darling baby, a boy, just over a week ago. I am so excited to meet him...and aching that I am so far away. She is one of the main reasons I survived Bill going to PA school right after Liam was born. I wish I was there to make her dinner or swing by with cookies and clean burp cloths....(between you and me, I WILL be there for #2).
-I am excited to be baking all sorts of amazingly delicious nonsense for a friend's birthday on Saturday...it is going to take a heck of a lot of will power (and cabbage soup) to not sabotage all of my hard work. But, these friends, this friend, is worth the risk.

I will be up shortly (six or so hours) to get Liam off to school and start my day with Finny-Finn (oh, and Bill, too - he's off for a change!). And not that you need to know or care, but as I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I will be thinking about how lucky I am to have such cute, silly, healthy little boys to love (papabear included). I truly, truly hope you can go to bed with a similar sense of contentment, too.
Sweet dreams, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment