Monday, November 19, 2012

Boston with my boys...

Bill had to spend some professional development money and as a result we were granted a little family vacation.  While he attended the conference in the morning, the boys and I played in the pool.  The afternoons we spent walking around Boston.  Bill's work covered the hotel and parking and I am quite proud to report how little we spent on 'sights.'  We spent probably $200 in food but only $16 on super fun activities...and okay, I spent $20 on cheesy souvenirs for the kids.

Turns out The Boston Children's Museum charges only $1 admission on Fridays from 5-9.  We took advantage of that and had a blast.  We also wanted to see "Old Ironsides."  When we got there we found out admission IS FREE - but parking cost 12 bucks.  TOTALLY WORTH IT. 

It was a lovely weekend...not without it's trials and tribulations.  Liam is testing our every last nerve...and I feel like this will go on until he's around 25.  I am trying to figure out a way to parent, be civil, and not lose my mind.  Wish me luck with that while you take a gander at our pics.

 Liam living it up in the hot tub.  Okay, when I was a kid we were NEVER allowed to go in the hot tub.  My parents told me it would make me sick...and as far as I know hot tubs are dangerous for little ones.

Liam was not allowed in there...then, five other kids showed up and ALL of their parents let their kids in the damn hot tub.  Poor Liam was sitting there, all puppy dog eyes, the kids looking at him, like, "why aren't cha coming in???"  So frustrating.

I let him sit on the steps for a few minutes and then suggested a handstand contest in the regular pool.









Here's Finny - all chilly..and there's Liam...NOT running in the background...sigh...but he sure had fun...

Oh, how this kid cracks me up...


Big fat lolli-pops.  Yes. Yes I did.  Totally worth their sticky, happy faces.


So, here we are at the Children's Museum.  The first thing you see as you enter is this GINORMOUS climbing structure, three stories high.  Was it terrifying to let Finn up in there all by himself.  ABSOLUTELY.  Did he survive?  Did Liam actually step up and go find his little brother and help him down?  Yes, thankfully, yes he did.



These were fun.  The faster they hand-pedaled the more lights lit up above them.  Such a cool place.  Everything is hands on.

There were quite a few water elements/activities...a whole bubble room even!  Finn got soaked...luckily early on, so he was dry by the time we had to walk back to the hotel in the chilly Boston night.

 
Pilot Finn
 

Liam working in the art studio.  He was deep in 'draw' when I said, "Hey Liam, is there a booger on my nose?"  This is the face he made when he looked up.  :)
 

This is his creation after I left him alone.  His "self portrait."


Actual mini CATS for the kids.  They loved this!


Liam, ever the actor...



                                                                                       
Liam is so funny - he totally looks like he's taking a poo...


Out to see old Iron Sides - The USS Constitution - oldest active NAVY vessel, I'll have you know.
215 years old this past October and STILL sea worthy - pretty awesome.

Finn was SO excited.  He thought we were on a pirate ship from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates."  The cannons weigh about 6000 pounds!!!!  There are some 60 on the ship! The tour guides are active NAVY officers who volunteer.  They were really great.


Going below deck...SOOOO COOL!!!


And back home again...I know I put this picture on Facebook...but darn it, those rolls in the basket look so purdy...and I LOVE that instagram...


Finny all dressed up.  He hardly ever stands still, so it's really hard to get a picture of him in focus.  You get the idea, though.  ADORABLE.


Happy Thanksgiving, blog peeps!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment