Friday, October 12, 2007

Tupperware of tears

Tonight is our third night NOT in our house, we're officially camped out by the lake until November 1.  Yesterday the movers took all of our belongings away and the lawyer called to confirm our closing date for Tuesday.  It's all happening...NOW.  All summer I have stressed and now everything really seems to be in motion.  As a matter of fact, there has been so much "motion" that I have not had any time to stop and think about what is happening...until now.


I put the Littleman down for bed about 40 minutes ago.  About ten minutes ago I hear a quiet, "Mama?," squeak from the room he's staying in.  I went in and knelt beside him, "What's up?" I whisper.  He just simply said, "Mama,  I want to go home."  

Thank goodness he is very receptive to hugs, because I just could not speak.  How can I explain that this is home for now and that in a few weeks his grandparents house will be home and then a few weeks after that, when we find our own place THAT will be home?

Obviously, there will be no explaining.  He is two.  He won't even remember this chapter of his life.  But, it is remarkable and just amazing how a few simple words from a toddler can evoke so much emotion.  I'd cry buckets, but the movers have taken them all away and all I have are some tupperware containers I use for Littleman's snacks.

I know he'll be fine...and I know I will be fine, too.  I just wasn't ready for him to miss home...and I am certainly not ready for it.  I was planning on the "big cry" to hit me around Tennessee, when we're driving out there.

Well, if you were about to feel a little sad for me and my tupperware tears, let's end with this: I had a one hour Swedish massage this afternoon that was simply divine.  Tupperware is now going into the dishwasher.  We'll talk about buckets when I'm unpacking in Texas.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Ok... So, you just made me cry... I can't imagine how hard this all must be... Just know that we all will miss you and will always be here (on the phone or Internets) if you need to talk... ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete