Friday, October 30, 2009

Laughing man

For some reason, Papabear gets the biggest grins out of our LittleGuy and today we had our first big laughs - amazingly I caught them on video.

Littleman had his Halloween party at preschool yesterday.  They made jack-o-lantern cupcakes.

 

LittleGuy's wearing shoes!!!!  How cute!

Pumpkin carving....

 

 

Papabear went all out when making a veggie tray for Littleman and a friend he had over for dinner!!!  Would it surprise you at all to hear that Littleman cried when Lauren ate a little of HIS name??? 

In case you want an update on the breast feeding, continue reading: I started weaning LittleGuy off the shield a few days ago by taking it off for one of the afternoon feedings.  WELL, by yesterday afternoon, he decided he wanted NONE of the shield at all!  It's been a little bit of a struggle.  When the jugs are full, so to speak, there's not a lot of surface area which makes it difficult for LittleGuy to latch on. He gets royally pissed, though, if I try to start with the shield - he really wants nothing to do with it!  But, he has trouble getting "on" without it.  This morning, though, we finally made things "work" by using the latch-assist.  Without going into too much detail, for those of you who have no interest in reading about the finer details of breastfeeding, it's going well.  We had a full feeding session completely free of the shield.  I am still amazed that I am doing this.  I am feeding my baby and it feels great to be able to do so.

Are you wondering if he sleeps through the night?  He's pretty much on this eating schedule at night: 8p, dreamfeed at 10:30p, 3:30a, 7a - So I am up at 3:30 and 7 ish....I have adjusted to this so I am functioning okay.  I am hopeful that he'll start sleeping longer soon....aren't we all?  He's cute and sweet and cuddly, so I feel well compensated for the lack of sleep....

This little one is NOT sleeping in our bed like Littleman did for so, so, so many months. (not yet anyway, ha ha)  He sleeps in the bassinet next to our bed.  I tried moving him to his room the other day, but it's too soon.  I felt absolutely haggard running down there in the middle of the night.  I'm going to try again in a couple of weeks.

That's all for now folks!  Hope everyone has a happy halloween!

 

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. Finally able to watch the video (doesn't work on the ipod). Hilarious! And cute! And heartbreaking! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete