Sunday, February 28, 2010

Video finally

I am nursing Finn while creating this post - talk about multi tasking.  Finn's blood test results were as follows: (the scale goes from 1 (minimally allergic) to 6 (highly allergic))

5 - milk and peanuts
3 - wheat and eggs
2 - soy
no allergies to: fish, cats, dogs, or dustmites

The doctor suggested I remove milk, peanuts, wheat, and, and eggs from my diet.  I have done so and the results have been drastic, dramatic, life changing.  Finn's skin is amazing. It's like having a whole new baby.  He's not itching all the time, or oozing, or writhing with hives and such all over his precious little head.  I thought removing all these things from my diet would be hard...and I guess I lamented a little bit in the beginning, but once the test results were in and I knew what I had to do, it really hasn't been that hard.  (And, I have mentioned this to some before, I can still eat french fries and drink diet coke, SO the change hasn't been that difficult.)  Mostly, I am eating way more salad, fruits, and vegetables.  In general, I feel amazing.  And clearly, little Finn is feeling much better too.  When he is a year old we will retest him (as the only part of the blood results that is truly accurate is the milk and peanut part).  Hopefully he won't be allergic forever...I'd hate to never share an ice cream cone with him.  At the same time, if I have to revamp my cookie recipe to make it healthier and suitable for Finn, I gladly accept the challenge.

Thanks to my baby I am losing weight and lowering cholesterol.  Thank you Finny-Finn for saving my life.

Oh, were you hoping to see some videos? Well, here they are.  Up first: "Hot Wheels."  Ever wonder what 93 hot wheels cars looks like? Wonder no more:
Now, all of you know I am crazy and one big kid...so I am sure it will not surprise you that I whole heartedly supported Littleman's request for a ball pit.  (Papabear on the otherhand was a little less thrilled when he came home from work and found this...) Aunt Barbara, if you are wondering what we spent your Christmas $ on, here it is...well, a chunk of it.  At the end is a tiny clip of the Finnster bouncing in his bouncy thing. Just as cute as can be.
How much do you love our playroom?  I know, I love it, too.  A whole room filled with toys, dedicated to entertaining and pleasuring my little ones and their friends.  Seriously, a dream come true...for a person like me, who pretty much lives for her kids, it's the best thing ever...now, if only I could dig a basement and build a sound-proof, state of the art recording studio for Billbers.....well, it just wouldn't be fair if we had everything, now would it?

Finally,  thanks to Littleman dragging his piano down a flight of stairs Finny Finn has discovered the wonders of music.
This video was taken yesterday - check out those beautiful, hive-free, rash-free cheeks!  I tried to get close enough so you could see his two little teeth poking through, but no such luck.  

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. When was the second video taken? It looks like his skin cleared up a lot since then! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that second video was taken in late January. BIG change, right? :)

    ReplyDelete