Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Knowing...

So, the saying goes, "You know when you're done." (I am referring to baby making.) Over the last few months I have found this expression extremely annoying.

Here is what I know.

I know I like a certain lifestyle. One that involves going to the movies and out to eat from time to time and maybe even a vacation once in a while. I know that I love my husband and my relationship with him means the world and more to me.

I know that I want to be able to afford to let Liam keep skiing for as long as he likes. And swim. And whatever. And Finn, too.

I know these things to be true. So, while some deep inner...something, yearns for one more babe from time to time, I KNOW it is not best for me and the lifestyle I have chosen.

I know this. I had to write it out. It is a choice. So...the whole "you know when you're done" thing seems so black and white and I feel like I am in the gray. As usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment