Saturday, January 28, 2012

Teaser...

Our house is finally turning into our HOME. Here's a shot of Finn's room. I need to get a shot of his bed corner, but here's the main gist of his room. He is SO happy to have a train table in there.
Here you can see Liam in all his glory. He LOVES his room. Thus far, we have not been involved int he placement of anything except the furniture. He has things hanging and piled all over. We'll organize it eventually, but for now, he just loves having his own space.
And more than anything in the world he LOVE LOVE LOVES his bunk bed.
Here's the master. It's very calming...except for the boxes and unfinished closet, but all in good time.
Okay, two things of note in this picture. We bought our bed from a Japanese company in California. There are no screws or nails, all the wood fits together like a puzzle! It is pretty awesome...but a real pain in the neck to move. Now that our lovely carpet is in, I don't think we'll ever move it again.
Here's another shot of the room. You can see the reflection of the window in our mirror.
In case you didn't know, I LOVE our house. I love it. I am so happy. (Sore, exhausted, and totally tired of opening, unpacking, and breaking down boxes.) But, so so happy. I look forward to the months ahead - watching our property change with the seasons. I am counting the days until I can rent a roto-tiller and 'till' the garden. I actually can't wait to smell the earth as I dig and plant and rearrange stones...there will be so much to do and all of it outside...on my little piece of the earth. All the while my little boys will be filling their pockets with rocks and mud, hanging on trees, and getting into all sorts of trouble...ahhh....

We are still awaiting a dining room table and fancy futon for the basement. The fancy futon is a housewarming gift from my mom and David and I want you folks who are far away to pay special attention. We bought a queen size with a VERY nice mattress SO when you visit you will have a cozy, comfy place to sleep (and air mattresses for the kids). Yep, start booking your tickets and I'll get the buttermilk stocked for pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful! I love the kids rooms, so fun and tasteful! Someday I would love to come and vacation in upstate NY and visit. We actually have several friends who have settled that way as well as some family..so the possibility is not that far off:)

    ReplyDelete