Sunday, January 1, 2012

Little by little...

While neither of them really gets "New Year's," both boys could feel a sense of festiveness in the air.

On to the house - we had our couch delivered. Amazing how just one piece of furniture makes the place feel like home already. Can't wait to replace the paper blinds...

I managed to get all the wallpaper off the playroom walls. The whole place looks lighter now. I have no idea what color we will put down there...but definitely something light.
More new year's eve pics with Mormor.
David caught this great and special moment my mom and I were having. She just got an iPhone. I'm just going to say it - I look pretty awesome for someone who spent the last 6 hours scraping wall paper...
Awww, tired little Finny Finn. This afternoon, as a reward for being so patient and helpful these last few days, I took Liam to see The Adventures of Tin Tin. Apparently, just minutes after we left, Finn conked out right at Bill's feet!
And so it goes. Scraping, spackling, priming, painting, scrubbing, vacuuming, and the list goes on and on. Every day a little closer to moving in. Today the former owner came to pick up a few last things they left in the yard. He gave me a tour of the property lines. I can't tell you how many trees we have...It would be fun to try and count them one day. There are so many...pines, paper birches, maples, evergreens...we've been scoping out spots for swings and tree forts. Yipee and happy new year, every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment