Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The thing about gift bags...

They just don't belong at birthdays for kids.*  What kid wants to flick away fluffy tissue paper and see their present at the bottom of a bag?  Ripping and shredding the paper is by far more than half the fun.  Seriously.  What happened to good old paper? I was at a birthday party this past weekend and more than half the presents were in gift bags. I'd even go so far as to say 90% were in gift bags.  Hell, our presents may have been the only one in wrapping paper!  I don't know why this bothers me so much...

And don't get me wrong, I know some people who can put together a beautiful gift bag.  Their gift bags belong at MY birthday party, YOUR birthday party.  But four, five, six, ten, twelve year olds???  LET THEM RIP!!!

Okay.  It's out.

*Just so you are assured that I am not a complete tyrant, I see how a gift bag comes in handy for an oddly shaped present.

No comments:

Post a Comment