Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Cheer

Christmas Greetings!!!  So Christmas in Texas is lovely.  I thought I'd miss snow, but I don't...not yet, anyhow.  It was in the 40's last night when we walked PapaBear's parents to their car so it felt like Christmas when we waved at the full moon hoping for a glimpse of Santa.  Our dinner party was lovely, every one seemed to have a good time and the food - contributed by all who attended - was delicious.  

Littleman was SO excited about our party.  He talked about it for days and shouted "Merry Christmas" to everyone when they walked in.  Uncle Dave...I mean SANTA, made an appeance, and Littleman was beside himself.  The toys, wrapping paper, and smiles filled Christmas tree lit room.  It was a wonderful Christmas eve.

And the best part of all?  Waking up in my own home on Christmas day.  That hasn't happened....since...well...to be honest, after the divorce waking up on Christmas morning was never the same. (I'm not saying it was bad, or anything like that, it just...well...)  Let's just say there was a healing quality, a "total state of contentment" quality, about waking up in my own home, with my husband and child on Christmas day.  I treasured it and every one to follow.

Was it sad to hear the Christmas eve festivities back in NJ over the phone?  Yes, a little.  Last year I cried like a baby when I called home to say, "Merry Christmas."  Last night I kept it together.  I only felt the tears sting at the sound of my mother's voice...it was a good stinging, folks.  She really makes Christmas special and last night was my attempt to start a lot of her traditions with my own little family.  I really miss her at Christmas.

I miss my friends, too.  I miss you guys so much, you have no idea.  I hope all of you, every one reading this, is having a wonderful holiday season.  I should try to tidy up the living room while Littleman naps.  We're having dinner at the SIL's in an HOUR! ARG!  Well, very quickly I'll add some festive pics below.  ALSO, I am done with the "fake name" thing.  I'll keep Littleman and Papabear and the people who I know don't want to be named.  

Happy Holidays







































Here are my boys at 1:26 pm on Christmas Day...

Ho ho ho!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. That video is so precious! Glad to hear that your Christmas went well... Miss you too...

    ReplyDelete