Monday, October 4, 2010

A jerk

Here is why I am a jerk.

I was checking out at WalMart today. I had a ton of stuff because I recently cleaned out my fridge and did not want to put anything in there to ruin its glorious, clean glow. Apparently though, people in my house need to eat, so I was forced to do a major grocery run. Darling little Finn was waving and flirting with the check-out woman as I loaded up the conveyor belt. As I walked over to the card swiper, I noticed the check-out woman stopped to put on a pair of latex gloves. I wondered if she didn't like touching meat, but the meat was already bagged, then I saw the yogurt and butter and thought, "ooohhhh, she must have a dairy allergy." I paid for my loot and headed out to the car, smiling into the finally cool breeze and that's when it hit me.

While picking up a prescription (in the middle of the grocery shopping), I let Finn have a few items in the cart to keep him occupied. Walking out to my car I remembered that he gnawed on a bunch of those things (the bag of bouncy balls, frozen peas, and perhaps the package of sponges). OH. Um...perhaps she put on those latex gloves because a bunch of my items were all slimy and gross from the cute 13 month old in my cart. Oy. I am such a jerk.

Also, I'd like to take this moment to apologize to all my local peeps. I am aware that I say, "Crap, Finn is SO stinking cute" about a thousand times a DAY, especially when we are out and about at parks and such. I always think to myself AFTER I've let it slip out of my mouth that I need to stop saying it. But, man....that baby is just SO STINKING CUTE!!!! I can't stand it. And you'll just have to start canceling play dates or avoiding me if it's getting to be too much for you. Hence the apology. I do not plan on holding back my ridiculous infatuation with my baby boy. Your kids are still cute, too...I'm just having trouble noticing any of them...that Finn...little Finny Finn...aawww...I think I'm going to sneak in his room and take a peek at his sleeping little self...and then give big brother a kiss on the forehead for having once held the position of cutest baby in Britt's world. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment