Tuesday, April 17, 2012

C'mon....

This time I WILL get published...

chugga chugga chugga

I am writing a new children's book.

I gave up on my troll story....for now. I feel really sad saying that because I worked on it - on and off - for nearly 9 years! But, this fall I ordered a troll graphic novel for my library and it was MY story! It's a retelling of a classic Norwegian tale....not very well known, but well enough, and some smarty-pants who can draw turned it into a not so awful graphic novel. I will be the first one to tell you that it's not bad. It's not better written than mine, it's just told and presented in a better way....and judging by the last few sentences, I may never get published. I need to review grammar. Boo.

So, anyway, I have a new idea. Some new characters and a story I'd like to tell. A world I'd like to create and share and turn into a cute little series...that will dazzle a publisher who will advance me and send a contract upon reading the first few paragraphs...ahhh, gotta love my imagination.

But you know when you have a really good idea....you get this feeling...sort of like that feeling, that split second, when you KNOW you are going to catch the wave and it's a little bigger than you anticipated? But you are psyched? I have that feeling.

Now I carry around a notepad and pencil everywhere I go. I try to write at least every other day for a half hour. It's hard to find time to write...but I want to get this done and sent out. I will be calling on some of my grammar-knowledgable peeps for proofreads. Yeah, you probably know who you are. I hope to send you folks a draft in a few weeks.

Wish me luck. Another adventure.

Oh...did I forget to mention that I am being laid off? Oh yeah. THAT's happening. No money in the budget for a .5 librarian. After June 21 I will be officially unemployed. (again) :(

On the upside, (cuz there's always an upside) I will have more time to write AND try to start my bread baking business (Rise and Shinealot). I'm already taking orders for Amish White, Honey Whole Wheat, and Rolls to Die for (great for sandwiches or dinner). $3.50 a loaf or bag of 12 rolls. Feel free to email. I deliver. So yeah...wish me luck on that one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment