Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Beat Up

Yes, after living out here for less than two weeks I have been beat up.  It was called 50/50.  Thirty minutes of cardio and thirty minutes of strength training.  Was it the endless reps that kicked my butt?  The intricate choreographed moves around the step? Oh no, not at all.  The culprit: my breasts.  That particular workout included about 75 jumping jacks and let me tell you people, it was an awful sight.  Those two babies nearly knocked me out!  Seriously, I was afraid I might have to strap them down with a resistance band.  And it gets better.  I don't have any appropriate workout attire, so my t-shirt was entirely too short.  SO, as we're jumping away surrounded by walls of mirrors, my t-shirt is flying up (thanks to the force of my enormous chest) exposing two years of eating poorly and not exercising, oh and a network of stretchmarks that would put a roadmap to shame.  It was a humbling, to say the least.  BUT, waking up sore today was a good thing; a good kind of sore.  A soreness that promises a smaller chest...perhaps by Valentine's day.  Wouldn't that be lovely?  (Now, all you smaller chested readers, I don't want to hear it!  The grass is ALWAYS greener! What I wouldn't give to work out in a wireless sports bra!!!)

 

Moving on.  Nothing much else to report here.  All the boxes are unpacked and 95% of it is put away.  The Christmas tree and inside decorations are up.  My car has Texas plates and my license should arrive in the mail in 2 to 3 weeks. Does that mean I'm a "Texan?"  No. No.  It just can't.  Right?  I'll always be a New Yorker, right y'all? JUST KIDDING!

 

Finally, if you want a fun book to read to your young friends at this time of year, I highly recommend The Gingerbread Man, retold by Jim Aylesworth. 

For Littleman I leave out some of the lengthy repetition, but BOY, does he love to chant, "Run, run, as fast as you can.  You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!" and, "NO, NO, I won't come back, I'd rather run than be your snack!"  (FYI, there's a certain someone out there who will read this and know that it is HER voice I hear when I read this aloud to Littleman every night.  You know who you are!  Won't you miss reading it this year????) :)

 

Here's us at an ice sculpture exhibit:

By the way, they gave you the parkas.  Littleman and I DO NOT have matching gold parkas...in case you were worrying about my sense of style now that I live in the south.

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

5 comments:

  1. I think I'll take the show on the road...to the cafeteria maybe??? Most of them can probably recite it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Littleman, "That's a great idea!" I am positive the entire first and second grades can recite it! What a sight that would be....an awe-inspiring chorus...wish I could be there to hear it. Miss you! B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am not sure exactly which bra you use to work out, but have you ever tried a "regular" bra for exercising?!? I have a few from the (newish) Ambrielle collection at JC Penny that are wireless and do a great job of holding my breasts in place even when I am running up and down the stairs or chasing Boogie around... I haven't ever had good luck with actual sports bras... Worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only use sports bras with underwire. I have tried without and they just give me "uniboob." A dangerous, and painful mutation. I have one that is great (I need to get more), I just wore a new one that day...and I will NEVER wear it for aerobics again. Thanks, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your last sentence has a "name" in it. How long have you been doing this now?

    ReplyDelete