Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Finally photos...

Happy Turkey Day!!!  I've been baking like a crazy person, but while the last batch of brownies were in the oven, I ran around with the camera and took a few shots of the place.  Littleman was napping, so his new room and big bed are not featured, but you'll see some of our new furniture and get a gist of the pad.  Please excuse the boxes and mess every where.  I'm doing the best I can.  OH, this first pic is of Lilcuz - our new little cousin from Guatemala.  He is a  WONDERFUL little baby!

So, when you come to visit, here's what you'll see when you park in front:
Eventually, this bright, airy space will be my office.  I didn't bother to take a picture of Papabear's.  You all know what it looks like, a mess of guitars, amps, computer, cables, and junk scattered on the floor.  But, here is my  space (isnl't the new books shelf awesome???):
Next is the lovely dining room...perhaps you'll be special enough to have a meal in here...we'll see when you visit.
The BEST space in the house is the gi-normous kitchen/living area.  It's big, it's bright...and at night it's cozy.  Just a wonderful space.  We spend most of our time here...hence there being boxes everywhere else...
Our yard is tiny, but a haven for Littleman.  It's just the right size for all of his stuff and I can see him where ever he goes.
I now have a luxurious bathroom.  The following picture is of the tub - we mostly use the shower...but man, even I am impressed that this is MY bathroom.  The sculpture is an original by my stepdad.  He is QUITE the artist.
Finally, my new heaven.  Attached to this beautiful bathroom is a lovely bedroom.  It's huge, with super high ceilings and, not pictured, it has a huge windowseat.  It's lovely.
Oh, today I spent around 4 hours baking.  I made my first cherry pie...then I went on to make Papabear's two favorites: apple and pumpkin.  I had to include Littleman, so we made sugar cookies (turkeys).  They came out so nice, I had to take a picture.  I hope they taste as good as they smelled while they were in the oven....
I never have enough crust to get it to the edges of the pie plate when I make apple pie...I need to increase that recipe...hmmm....

Well, hope everyone eats well tomorrow.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

4 comments:

  1. Your house is absolutely gorgeous... Congrats on such a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We're really enjoying the fancy life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new dwellings are fantastic!! Doesn't that tub make you want to soak with a good book? Thanks for inviting us in even if we are long distance guests. At least we won't track any dirt in, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the pies are the reason I am still surrounded by boxes. I am almost finished with the office...thank goodness. The dining room is the last one on the list...Remember, if you ever want a field trip to visit some longhorns, you've got a place to stay! :)

    ReplyDelete