Monday, November 5, 2007

Elusive Sleep

So, we are camped out at my mother's in New Jersey and sleep has decided to take a little vacation from my life.  Littleman often wakes up throughout the night, not every night, but often enough.  I think all the different beds he's been in these past few weeks is just difficult for his little body and brain.  Not to mention, Littleman is a VERY early riser.  I am able to post at 6:01 am today because he is currently playing with the blocks his Papa-NJ gave him last night.  


However, I am not awake because of him today.  I am actually showered and dressed already - yes, at 6:01 am.  PapaBear is on his way to take his final exam from PA school right now.  He is SO nervous.  I am SO nervous.  I haven't slept in about six months anticipating this morning.  The past two years and a half years are riding on this one exam.  Neither of us has even speculated what will happen if he doesn't pass. BUT, that simply cannot happen.  He has been studying night and day.  He has been studying for two years.  He has learned so much and is so good at this profession....he just has to pass.  

Whatever happens, we will depart for Texas on Thursday morning.  This is the other reason I cannot sleep.  I used to be the kind of person who could clear her brain as it hit the pillow...but not anymore, not for the past six months or so.  What will our new house be like?  What will the neighborhood be like?  How hot is it there right now?  How long will it take me to unpack?  How long will it take for Littleman to get comfortable in his new room and sleep through the night? How long will it take me to shed these grotesque pounds I have allowed to creep and settle all over my body????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, I apologize for this very uninteresting post.  Our cross-country journey begins soon and I expect that to be quite an adventure.  Have a great morning, every one! :)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment