Monday, November 12, 2007

Movin' like molasses...

SO, we had planned to move in today, but the movers apparently won't be here until Wednesday.  That's okay - not having to unpack gave me time to FINALLY join the gym!  Did I have time to exercise?  Of course not - it took me 45 extra minutes to get there because I got lost...for the 6th time in two days...even WITH the GPS my dad loaned me.  (The GPS computer is from 2006, so there are a lot of new roads or ones closed for construction that I run into, arg.) I even got lost walking to a playground with Littleman this evening.  I didn't realize that the sun went down before 6 pm and some very nice lady (with a two year old son) had to give us a ride home.  Super fun.

 

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to an aerobics class later this week...as soon as I can locate my sneakers and then perhaps a pair of shorts.

 

Littleman is doing okay,I guess.  He's been a bit moody and emotional - who can blame him?  There's been quite a lot of change in the past few weeks.  And in two days, when our furniture arrives, there will be even more change.  (Luckily, we've been spending lots of hours at the new house in the day, so hopefully he won't feel too strange when we're finally settled in.)  Yesterday he had a meltdown in a parking lot...it was AWFUL.  He sat in the road (not quite in the middle) and just screamed his head off.  My hands were full of bags.  THREE, yes, THREE women stopped to ask if they could help - that's how bad it must have looked.  I knew he just needed to cry it out - the poor guy was hungry and just exhausted...he was set off by a rubber duckie at the check out - if we didn't have the same exact one in the car, I probably would have just bought it for him.  Good times.

 

Well, friends, my mind truly resembles scrambled eggs at the moment.  We've been travelling, I've been living out of suitcases for weeks...and now some are at my in-laws and some are at the new house.  Half the time I get lost getting from one house to the other...Oh, did I mention that the house is great?  It's really big, huge tile floors all over the place, lots of room for Littleman to run up and down.  The playground and pool are a few streets away.  SO, good times are definitely ahead.

 

Oh, some of you might be wondering how Papabear's dad is doing.  He is, afterall, one of the main reasons we moved out here, the others simply being the rest of the family.  Well, I have to say, I probably will not write much about that.  If you can believe it, there is actually one...or maybe two things that I really feel should be kept private. (I know, shocking news from such a blabbermouth, but I know you understand.)  I think the following update is appropriate.  While he's been in the hospital for a minor complication since we arrived, he will be back home in a day or two.  His spirits are up and he looks really good. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, poor Littleman!! It is so much change for such a small guy-besides, those darn ducks CAN be soooo very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, C! Littleman and I took a bike ride before lunch today and found THREE playgrounds within 8 minutes of our house! We are getting psyched. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, Boogie has been having major meltdowns like that and he has absolutely no excuse (at least in comparison to Littleman)... I think this age is God's way of bitch-slapping any parents who had the audacity to think that we had things under control... Good luck figuring out how to get around and have fun at your aerobics class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bee. It really feels good to hear that I'm not alone in the bi-polar two-year-old world.

    ReplyDelete