Saturday, February 9, 2008

358

358 is the number of "Library Skills Line Up" games Highsmith has sold since it became available in November!  They have made $8517.30 in net sales.  I am (approximately) 59 games away from getting royalty checks!!! (They advanced me, so that money has to be made back before I get more $$$.)

I am working on a postcard to send to all the elementary school librarians in the Capital District and surrounding areas.  Many of them might recognize my name from grad school (where I was a grad assistant) or from conferences.  Highsmith sends me a "royalties report" twice a year - it only lists the numbers...I wish I knew WHERE all of those sales were made.  Either way, I am targeting that area first, then, since there are SO many schools popping up in my new "hometown,"  I'll send them to librarians here, as well.  Hopefully that and the website might drum up some more business.  Basically, in case your math isn't so hot, if Highsmith can sell around 400 games a year, I could see about $1000.  Not too shabby...now, if only they'd buy more games!  I'm working on it, folks.

In other news, I took Littleman "StrollerSkating" the other day .  It was literally COSMIC.  It was like stepping back into the 80's.  I swear the owners have not updated! (http://www.thunderbirdskatecenter.com/strollerskate.php)  It was awesome.  All these moms just whipping around the rink, pushing strollers!  Disco balls turning, Diana Ross blaring through the speakers, rental skates rubbing blisters into our feet.  It was special, let me tell you.  They did have tiny size 7 skates for Littleman.  The wheels are skrewed tight so little ones can't go rolling very far, but he was able to get out on the rink and try a "round."  Once was enough.  It was exhausting, for both of us...and not to mention a little tricky with my skates still on.  He LOVED flying around the rink in the stroller, though.  My inner thighs are SCREAMING right now just thinking of it.  I was sweating buckets after about six minutes...how on EARTH did we manage to skate for so long back then???  I remember my parents coming out for a few spins around the rink and then sitting out while my brother and I kept on for what seemed like an eternity. 

Anyway, I say, if there is a roller rink in your vicinity and you have not been for a while, take a spin.  A ridiculous little thrill will go through you, sending you momentarily back to your early teen years, making the trip worth your while.  While I'm thinking of it, if any of you have roller skates OR roller blades (size 7 or 8 womens) that you are no longer using, I will pay for shipping. I am definitely going back to strollerskate!

Oh, I apologize for not having pictures.  I promise to bring the camera next time!

If you like doing these things, copy and fill it out in a comment. They are fun, if you are in the mood.

1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?

2) What was your dream growing up?

3) What talent do you wish you had?

4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?

5) Favorite vegetable?

6) What was the last book you read?

7) What zodiac sign are you?

8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.

9) Worst Habit?

10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?

11) What is your favorite sport?

12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?

13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?

14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?

15) Tell me one weird fact about you.

16) Do you have any pets?

17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?

18) What was your first impression of me? (hmmm...careful!)

19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?

20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?

21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?

22) What color eyes do you have?

23) Ever been arrested?

24) Bottle or can soda?

25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?

27) What's your favorite place to hang at?

28) Do you believe in ghosts?

29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?

30) Do you swear a lot?

31) Biggest pet peeve?

32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?

33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?

34) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you chose?

35) Do you believe in God?

36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. 1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?we're married, but we're hardly serious! (teeheehee)2) What was your dream growing up?to be a teacher...3) What talent do you wish you had?to play guitar or piano...4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?amaretto sour if i could drink, but most likely a diet cherry pepsi...5) Favorite vegetable?today, i would have to say broccoli...6) What was the last book you read?the white darkness...7) What zodiac sign are you?virgo...8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.belly ring, earings, and tattoos on belly and lower back... 9) Worst Habit?biting my lips...10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?duh!11) What is your favorite sport?playing -- soccer; watching -- hockey...12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?generally optimistic...13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?probably talk your ear off!14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?biting through my lip and screwing up my teeth...15) Tell me one weird fact about you.i get anxious if i have to listen to the radio instead of an audiobook when i am driving alone...16) Do you have any pets?3 fish and a cat...17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?i'd smile and ask what you wanted me to cook!18) What was your first impression of me? (hmmm...careful!)very friendly -- and smart!19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?some are cute, and some are scary... mostly cute...20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?i would make my lip normal again or have my teeth straight...21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?probably your conscience, but i guess it depends on the crime!22) What color eyes do you have?brown...23) Ever been arrested?not arrested -- but definitely put in a police car to get a ticket for underage drinking/open container...24) Bottle or can soda?bottles last better, but cans taste better... guess it depends which is on sale!25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?pay off some credit card debt...27) What's your favorite place to hang at?home...28) Do you believe in ghosts?yup...29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?read!30) Do you swear a lot?like a sailor!31) Biggest pet peeve?people who purposely use poor grammar...32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?loquacious...33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?yes!34) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you chose?i'm so lame... it would probably be where i already live!35) Do you believe in God?i think so...36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?you got it from me, so i think that counts as a yes!?!

    ReplyDelete