Friday, February 1, 2008

Yee-Haw, the RODEO!

So we took Littleman to the Fort Worth rodeo on Wednesday.  He loved it (and not just because he had popcorn).  The cowboys were amazing.  Littleman's favorite parts were just watching the horses gallop around the arena at top speed.  They were mighty impressive.

Afterwards, we walked around the grounds to look at the hundreds and hundreds AND HUNDREDS of "show" cattle.  These cows were being groomed for the prom, or so it seemed.  They were in stalls in these enormous barns (they resembled airplane hangars, really).  Their owners were combing, brushing, hair drying, and trimming their gleaming coats.  I had no idea that this even occurred.  I was reminded of the dog shows my family would go to when we owned a "champion" wheaton-terrier many moons ago...except the participants here were the size of Volkswagens!

I thought we'd be filling our faces with all that wonderful, but horrid fair food.  The smell of corn dogs and funnel cake did bring a smile to my face.  However, the peanuts and popcorn during the show and all the sights saved us from filling our bodies with all that nonsense.  

It was another wonderful day together as a family.  I have to say, that even though I am so many miles from the rest of my family, I have never felt more complete.  Our little unit, our trio, me, Papabear, and Littleman...brings me such joy.  And I can't say enough about Papabear.  Even though he is working like a madman to get his PA license and all the necessary paperwork done so he can start work on Monday, he still takes the time to sit and color or do puzzles with Littleman.  The three of us played a sort of Pictionary-type game for almost an hour yesterday, right in the middle of the day!  I love how we just ARE when we're together.

Well, Littleman has discovered that I am at the computer and will not get off my lap.  I will add two more photos from our day at the rodeo and the off to the gym we go.
Pet
  

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I bet Boogie would like to go to a rodeo!

    ReplyDelete