Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bloggy blog blog...

I am in the mood for a little ramble.  Please skip and come back another day for something riveting or more interesting.

First up: Books.  While the books suggested to me by friends are currently on order, I have read the following two.

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen 

This book was RIGHT up my alley.  I loved it.  Elephants are such magical...I believe I meant to say, majestic creatures, it's almost like reading fantasy.  The descriptions of life on the circus train circa 1930 are wonderful.  I had trouble putting this book down.  A totally satisfying read.

Plain Truth, by Jodi Piccoult, was also a completely satisfying read in an entirely different way.  Simply put, it was JUICY.  I am a total sucker for this kind of drama...I wish I could say I was a deeper person...or more intellectual.  But, alas, I think I am just simple. 

The really horrible result of reading these last two books is that I did not DO A THING while I was reading them!  I just sat on the couch and read and read and read....I have decided to put off cracking open another one for a few weeks...at least until I get the content written for my website. (www.funlibrarian.com)

Next up: WATER. So, the water thing isn't as bad as I thought...well, I suppose we all develop immunities to these kinds of things.  My bras still smell a bit funny after air drying them and brushing my teeth isn't as awesome as it used to be.  We did figure out that all we needed to do was add a $25 PUR filter to the kitchen tap and now we have good smelling AND tasting drinking/cooking water.  So, there's that.

Moving onto FITNESS: Yeah...well, it's going.  I honestly go to the gym and work my butt off at LEAST four times a week - and that's a bad week.  I usually go five or six times.  BUT, and this is a very large BUTT, we just keep EATING.  We cook for Papabear's parents and they always break out the ice cream...or sometimes Maday makes a cake!  It is TOUGH trying to eat right.  I REALLY have to work at it.  SO, the jeans may feel a little looser, but not by much.  Slow and steady, my friends.  Slow and steady.....

Finally, FRIENDS.  Well, things are looking up.  I've been to a bunch a meetups with two different groups and I like them both very much.  I am just getting to know a lot of people, but it's a beginning...and it's seems to be getting easier, especially when I am recognizing faces at events and people are recognizing me, too.  I've also signed up to host a bunch of things - a pancake breakfast, mini preschool playdates, things like that.  You guys back east know how I love to have people over...now it will be people with their little people - FUN.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Clark liked Water for Elephants quite a bit too, though I never read it and can't say how I feel... I am also a sucker for Jodi Picoult books, but I haven't read that one yet... Glad you're getting used to and/or fixing your water problems... Sorry to hear that other people are making it so hard to eat right/lose weight... Time, time, and more time is what it will have to take... Glad to hear that you are making new friends... Miss you...

    ReplyDelete