Saturday, January 5, 2008

Permission to hate me

Today is January 5th.  Today Littleman, Papabear, and I had a wonderful picnic at a playground in short sleeves!  No jackets, I wasn't even wearing socks!  It was 75 and windy enough to fly a kite.  It was wonderful.  The park was full of two and three year old boys for Liam to play with...which he did not do.  He ignored them for the most part and just climbed the rock walls like the little monkey he is.  We stayed for hours and he napped like the dead.  The only thing that could have made this day better would have been a REAL friend for Littleman to play with (it wouldn't hurt if I had a real friend there, too, but when Papabear woke up from his little nap on the picnic blanket he played with us, still....)

It was a really wonderful day.  Loving this "winter" weather.  (Okay, it was 34 degrees only three days ago, but I'll take one of those for a week of 70's!!!)

 

Thing about Texas I do not like: the water tastes and smells funny.  For those of you who know me and my nose well, know that this water thing is driving me INSANE.  It stays on you when you shower (not all day..but long enough for me to notice), on my bras that I air dry...oh, and I can't touch an ice cube out here.  Some restaurants seem to have "good-tasting" ice...but most often my diet coke tastes blechy because it.  Do I know the cause?  No.  I could make some guesses like this is a very dry area and water that has to be canaled in (is that a real phrase) will take on the taste of its pipes and whatnot.  What ever the reason, the filter system needed to get rid of it is too much for us to even consider.  Oh well.  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?  And I'm not really complaining, things could be much worse.  There could be biting fire ants or black widow spiders in the mailboxes...oh wait, those things are here, too!!!!

 

I'm just kidding...well, not about the ants, spiders, and water.  That's all true.  I'm not complaining.  Life out here in Texas isn't so bad.  It's only been a short while, but so far, so good.

Please come out and visit us if you can.  I will bathe you in bottled water if you wish.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. I certainly don't hate you... But I am a bit jealous... Enjoy that warm weather now -- because I am pretty sure you may be stuck inside once the brutal summer weather arrives... ::evil laugh:: ;-)

    ReplyDelete