Friday, January 25, 2008

A night out...

It's been a long time since Papabear and I had a night out to ourselves.  The Sabres WON (2 to1 against the Dallas Stars), there was a fight, and a GIANT Chipotle burrito floated around the arena inbetween periods dropping coupons.  Who could ask for more fun?

Our seats were in a private box and we could see EVERYTHING.  The seats were leather and very cozy.  What luxury!

Free soda, beer, chips, hot dogs.  We even got to park on the "Platinum level", which basically meant, "Right by the door!"  It was fantastic.

 

Sorry this picture is so dark, but the ice was kind of bright.

 

And where was Littleman?  Getting cozy with his grandparents.  Apparently, he ate two hot dogs, 3/4 cups of corn, and TWO hole pieces of cake.  His grandmother described his BM a short while later as, "the size of Manhattan."  That's my boy!

The two days leading up to our night out, I have to admit, I worried about leaving Littleman.  I was not worried about the quality of care and supervision he would receive with "Papa and Maday."  Not at all.  *I* was having issues with not being there for him in the morning...not being able to kiss him good night.  Why is it so hard for me to cut the cord?

When the moment arrived for us to leave for the game, all my "worries" melted away.  He was happy to be with his grandparents and I could see the joy on their faces, as welI.  I actually was able to feel excitement about going out and NOT having to care for my little guy for a good chunk of hours.  I guess a part of me feels guilty even thinking that...but Littleman certainly NEEDS time away from me...especially now that he's with me all day long.  AND, my hubby and I need to be alone together from time to time.  It's healthy....it certainly felt healthy.  And sleeping in this morning... just the two of us...oh, it was GLORIOUS.  Okay, did I still have to get up at 6:30 to pee?  Yes.  Did I still rise out of bed before 9? Yes.  I can't help it.  I've always been an early bird.  But was it wonderful to read a book over my oatmeal and NOT have Playhouse Disney blaring?   Yes. 

I am in full support of sleepovers at the grandparents.  So much so, I want to go out and get him one of those dorky little suitcases that say things like, "For grandma's house."  Also, after watching all that skating, I want to go out and get a pair of those training skates and take Littleman for a spin at the rink.  We have one in our mall.  Fun!

This weekend we get to celebrate our little cuz, "Nini's" FIRST BIRTHDAY.  Another reason to be joyful.  Hope you all get to have a lovely weekend, too!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a great time... Glad you took the chance even though it was tough!

    ReplyDelete