Sunday, January 13, 2008

Another day in paradise...

Well, at least it seemed like it.  Papabear let me sleep in, then he made me breakfast.  Well, I should preface that I was up with Littleman most of the night due to his howling over second year molar's breaking through...but let's forget about that and focus on today, oh glorious day.

The three of us started here, at the playground down the road from our house.

It was so nice out, we stayed for almost two hours.  We went down to the creek and threw rocks.  We pet someone's dog. Lost our ball in the thicket.  Walked and basked in the sunlight. AND, we received a phone call from Papabear's other wife, Z, he proposed and is now ENGAGED. Happy day!

 

Next we took a long ride through the "country" to find a diner we heard about in a town called Celina.  Oh boy were we in for a treat.  This town is a REAL "old western" kind of town.  Totally run down, but it had the town square, town hall...all the buildings had the high fronts that you see in the movies of old western towns. Train tracks ran through the place, big grain silos on the outskirts...  The diner was a complete hole in the wall, complete with crumbling interior bricks and sticky floor.  BUT, the service was incredible, the homemade bread and french fries delicious, and the children's lunch was served with a cupcake for dessert.  It had frosting drizzled with chocolate sauce and M&M's.  Littleman nearly fell over with when the waitress brought it to our table.  He looked at me as if to say, "Really?  I am really allowed to eat this????" (We don't let him have M&M's ever, and cupcakes are for birthdays).  He was in heaven.

We took the long way home and on our journey Papabear and I spotted what looked like hot air balloons in the distance.  It was such a lovely day, we decided to just follow the road to find out.  The land is so flat here, you can see ahead for miles and miles.  And lo, and behold, not only did we spy the balloons, we stopped to let Littleman out of the car for a better view and one of them LANDED on the field in front of us!!!!  It was awesome.  Here are the pictures from Papabear's cell phone:

 

Balloon3Balloon2Balloon1

Awesome, right?

Littleman and I headed off to the gym for a swim.  He is now able to swim UNDER WATER.  My pride makes me swell like a pufferfish in the pool...oh no, wait...that's actually what I look like.  No worries, I'm working on it.  My spandex are getting a little loose already!

Finished the evening with salad and a blog entry.  Whew!  I'm beat.  I hope everyone had a chance to have a great day this weekend.  If not, here's hoping for the next one...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. Can you say, "jealous"?!? Geesh... Our weekend was not bad -- especially since we went to see Spamalot -- but I didn't get any "relaxation" time... Glad you've got some warm weather... We're back to snow again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you take Boogie to that show???? Just curious...I saw it this summer on Broadway and was a little...well...taken aback. I obviously did not know what I was getting myself into when I agreed to see it - it was for a bachelorette party.

    ReplyDelete