Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Discoveries...

I started composing this blog entry six hours ago. To make a long story short, I had family obligations that required my attention and now it is after 9 pm here in Texas.  This blog was going to be filled with all sorts of wonderful musings about wonderful discoveries...like how every day my two year old gets cuter and cuter.

And then demon-boy appeared.  The last four hours with him have been...well...DEMONIC.  I want to fill this space with what a miserable failure I am as a mother.  But, I will spare you all the gory details.  Instead, I will post the pictures that inspired me to believe he was cute earlier today.  If you can believe it, I cannot remember a SINGLE one of the other "discoveries" I was going to write about...

So, here is my cute demon boy who nearly lost his voice from crying so hard because I made him brush his teeth and insisted on helping him put on his pajamas.

 

Perhaps tomorrow my discoveries will rediscover ME.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. Nah, you're not a miserable failure! It's just that children fail miserably at being predictable, well-behaved, model inmates 24 hours a day. Can't knock yourself for that, sister, just comes with the life decision. Maintain faith that he simply flips the Demon Switch at random!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... That's just the nature of the beast -- nothin' we can do about it! If you want a little reminder of how we've all "been there" at some point, I highly recommend this video -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-OqKWXirsU ...

    ReplyDelete