Monday, March 3, 2008

WHAT is he saying???

SO, the other night, Littleman started saying something at the dinner table over and over and over again.  View the video for a sample and try to figure it out BEFORE reading the rest below!

 
After many, many minutes I realized that the phrase sounded familiar...similar to something  I'd been hearing on the television a lot lately.  He's recently discovered Disney's Toy Story.  So I asked Littleman, "Is what your saying from TV?"
"Yes."
"Who says it?"
"The bad boy."
And it dawned on me!  He was copying Sid (the evil next door neighbor) when he "interrogates" Woody.  And I said to Papabear, he is saying, "Where is the rebel base? TALK!"

Well, Papabear and I nearly died from lack of breath.  It was probably the last thing we'd ever imagine our two year old saying.  We hadn't laughed that hard together in a while.  Both of us were crying. Littleman was very proud of his ability to crack us up and now repeats the line...about every other minute!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. I followed your directions. I watched and listened to the video before I read the rest of your post. I thought Littleman was saying, "Red bubbles. They talk." I'm relieved I heard him wrong. I don't know how to explain what I thought I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's pretty funny. The other day SkyWalker was running around and I swear he was saying "Tom Petty and Be Yarned!!" which made no sense until I figured out he was saying "To infinity and BEYOND!". He's never even seen the movie but he has Buzz Lightyear.

    ReplyDelete