Saturday, March 1, 2008

Don't have a heart attack...

Okay, so I just got some blood test results...basically,  my cholesterol is so bad I could have a heart attack...alright, I'm exaggerating...a little.  It's actually bad enough to warrant medication, BUT, since I want to get pregnant within a year, that is not really an option.  So, no more eggs, ice cream, red meat, cheese...I can live without all that, I don't even eat red meat in general...but pizza???? We JUST found an AMAZING pizza place - best pizza in a LONG time - better than any pizza I EVER had in Smalbany!  *sniff, sniff*  How sad.  Well, on a positive note, at least I've started exercising regularly. 

Salad and oatmeal, hear I come...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

5 comments:

  1. How bad is it? Do you have to cut all that out entirely? No more eggs by themselves or no more foods with eggs in them? That would suck. I'm sure pizza once in a while wouldn't be bad... it's not like your lactose intolerant. If you're good most of the time, I think you could have a pizza every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Papabear says about once a month...if I'm good. I'm really going to miss french fries, as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you will have to give up pizza entirely... Just don't live off the stuff! And I thought eggs were back in the "good cholesterol" category, but that may just be my wishful thinking! Good luck with everything... I am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eggs are definitely out...for me anyway. Egg beaters, here I come...ug. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please follow the doctor's instructions. Life is too short, as it is, and you are much too valuable to take anything like this lightly. Good luck. You'll make it work.

    ReplyDelete