Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I was never a purse person...

I carried my life in a wallet in my back pocket just about until I became pregnant.  When that happened Papabear and I finally caved and bought "real" cell phones.  After that, with keys AND the wallet, well, some sort of carrying device became necessary.  I started out with canvas-y things that looked more like mini backpacks than "purses."  My MIL and SIL would by me "froo-froo-y" purses that I would occaisionally pull out when I was feeling feminine. And then, of course, I had a newborn and the diaper bag (also a big black backpack) became my carry all. 

As that newborn grew and grew, the bag with his necessaries became smaller and smaller.  But now, it's official, I carry a purse.  Along with my wallet, phone, and keys, you can always find: Spearmint Trident gum, capsules of Tylenol, Advil, and Benedryl, two matchbox cars (one is always a cement mixer), and tissues.  (Until very recently there was also a pair of size 2 toddler's underwear, but they fell out while searching for my wallet a bit too frequently...and when Littleman was at home with Papabear...it just made me and the cashier uncomfortable.)

Anyway, does all that make me an offical purse carrier?  No.  My little boy holding open the door to the garage for me this morning and saying, "Um, Mommy?  I think you forgot your purse," did. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment