Friday, August 29, 2008

Scheduling conflict...

So, I had to have blood drawn this morning (yes, it's cholesterol time again...ack...I was supposed to lose 15 pounds...only lost 5...anyway).  I assumed I would leave Littleman with Papabear.  My darling cluttered brain forgot that Papabear had a dentist appointment at the same time as my doctor's appointment.  I posed the following question to Littleman, "Do you want to go with Daddy and watch him get his teeth cleaned or do you want to see Mommy have needles stuck in her?"

I guess his answer is obvious.  He was fine during the blood part - the office is on the top floor so he had fun looking for our car in the parking lot.  It was the urine sample I wasn't expecting.  I didn't even know I had to give one.  I bring Littleman into the bathroom and tell him I have to do something a little funny.  He doubled over laughing when I told him I had to "pee in a cup."  He stood directly in front of me and stared in hilarious amazement at the cup between my legs.  Naturally, no pee could be conjured under such circumstances.  I chucked his Han Solo toy across the bathroom and told him to play in the corner until I was done (it was a very big and very clean bathroom, just so you know).  As I washed my hands, Littleman announced, "When I am bigger I will pee in a cup, too."

That's just great.  I just hope it will be in a doctor's office.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments: