Saturday, August 16, 2008

So I guess you should know...

Most of you already know this, but I know there's a bunch that do not.  I recently accepted a part-time position at Littleman's soon-to-be preschool.  I will be teaching a class of 8 four year olds, Mon. through Fri., from 12 to 3.  The pay is pretty crappy...but what you'd expect for preschools (a crying shame compared to my last salary...but anyway).  I get half off Littleman's tuition, a pay check (apprently only once a month), and I get to be in the same place as my little boy, just not in the same room.

When I told my dad, I could hear...something in his voice.  Not quite disappointment, but a sort of resignation.  Sighing because I simply cannot just BE and/or say NO.  I have always felt that my dad really looks out for me and when I heard that slight tone in the way he asked, "Are you SURE you want to do this?" I knew I will always be a glutton for punishment.  Not that this is punishment, but I was truly enjoying staying home with Littleman and the preschool-ish playdates I had going.  The extra money will be a huge help right now.  A little catch up before I get prego with the next little one.

You can start taking bets on the following statement: When the next one comes I REALLY will stop working for a few years.  REALLY.  Really, really, really.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. You will not stop working when #2 comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA HA HA...too true! And well put, my dear! Thanks for putting my perspective in place, yet again...

    ReplyDelete