Friday, June 12, 2009

Changes...

So, one of my baby sisters (technically the oldest of my three younger sisters, but I was practically this one's mother until I left for college) graduated from high school yesterday.  Littleman and I went to three graduations in the past couple of weeks...and it is mind-blowing.  NOT because keeping a just turned four year old content and quiet for countless boring minutes (in his mind), but because all these little babies I loved and cuddled and changed and sang to are turning into adults!  Mind blowing, indeed.  It doesn't really make me feel old, just altered.  Changed.


They are all still the darling cherubs I cradled, just bigger and ever-changing.  All of them are amazing in their own special ways.  It is a wonder to watch them grow and become the people they are becoming.  All of them are gorgeous - SO not fair!  I may have been as good-looking as a young teen...but standing next to these guys, seven months pregnant and sweating from chasing a little person REALLY does not do much for my ego.  Thankfully, I'm above all that. :)

Other changes I'd like to note:
-Littleman has not been on a schedule in over two weeks.  In fact, he has been up until 10 pm or even later every night the past ten days.  While every one here says, "oh, he's so good," he is, in reality, a holy terror.  I have been pretty flexible with Littleman, making him a pretty decent traveler...but this trip, this long ass, crazy days, no routine at all trip has turned my pretty well behaved three year old into a four year old monster.  I am hopeful that simply being back in his home, his bed, with his stuff, and doing the daily activities we used to do will turn him back fairly quickly...I am hoping...oh please, oh please...

-Spending the past 20 or so days with many teenaged aunts and uncles and my mother, has introduced some extremely colorful words and expressions into Littleman's vocabulary.  From the teenagers he has mostly learned to sprinkle in a newfound attitude to his demands. From my mother he has learned so much more.  In the past three days he has called a window that wouldn't open an "asshole" and shouted "DAMMIT" when he couldn't connect some toy pieces together.  Also, during L's graduation, Littleman said to me, "My penis is saying is has to PEE now!"  Super.  That one I'm sure he came up with on his own.

-Finally, OH THE HEART BURN!!!!  

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I'm so sorry that heart burn has found you!! That is the WORST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes... Heart burn... My arch nemesis... Starts before the puking, and lasts until the bitter end... But, damn, doesn't a sweet little baby make up for an awful lot?!?

    ReplyDelete