Thursday, June 25, 2009

End of days...

So, I have gestational diabetes.  On Monday I meet with the dietitian and get to learn all about how I need to change my diet AND learn how to stick myself four times a day to get my glucose levels.

I have no one to blame but myself.  I got pregnant twenty pounds overweight and even though I have been pretty good, clearly it's not good enough.  I haven't gained nearly as much weight as I did with Littleman and I have been eating healthier.  However, now I am REALLY going to have to watch myself. 

So, I feel like it's the end of days - cookie and baking days, popcorn and bread days, pizza and chocolate days....why must I be cursed with such a fierce love of food??????  It's only food for crying out loud!!!!  Sweets and bread be DAMNED!

Well, I am off to plan healthier meals with little to no carbs.  It doesn't help that I have to worry about high cholesterol as well. Ug.  I know I sound very down, but really, I am motivated to make a REAL attempt at changing my diet habits.  I can't jeopardize this baby's health, so it must be done.  Maybe when it's all over I'll have curbed my need for sweets and all things fatty and delicious.

OH, but you know what else? It's over 100 degrees here today.  It is so hot out I feel like I am melting to the pavement.  It's gross. You can't do anything outside, even the pool.  The water is almost as warm as the air, so it offers very little comfort. We are busy finding things to do inside.  Today was a flight museum, which was fun.  I'll post pics later.  I need to make dinner for a hungry hubby on his way home from work.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. I've already talked to you... but I'm glad that you're finding the silver lining (like the Shinesalot we all know and love) and looking at this as an opportunity for change. I'm sure you can do it. I really hope that it becomes a family thing and that Papa Bear helps as much as he can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am glad that you're finding the silver lining here... But I am kinda upset that you're blaming yourself... So, so many things come together to cause gestational diabetes... IT IS NOT just because you started off a little overweight! Otherwise, there would be a whole lot more women going through this very problem right now, you know? Just do the best you can from day to day and try not to get too down on yourself -- because that won't help anything or anybody... ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete