Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Crunching craziness


So...numbers...

8 - states we'll drive through to get back to NY
1689 - roughly how many miles we'll have to drive
450 - approximately how many dollars in gas to get my Pathfinder from a to b.
987 - dollars to rent a 26 foot uhaul truck one
way
150 - how many boxes I will probably pack
2 - librarian positions I have applied for in the last few days
180 - the cost of full time day care for Finny Finn
0 - appropriate working librarian outfits I currently own
7 - yoga capris/pants that have been my uniform for the last three years
11 - the day in July we will drive away from Texas and no longer call it home
2 - epi-pens I will have to remember to pack carefully and not bury in the 150 or so boxes
24 - inflatable guitars we'll be giving out at Liam's upcoming 'rock star' party
590 - sighs over leaving such wonderful friends behind
820 - wistful gazes at the moon
4 - stinky feet I kissed at bedtime
0- offers on our house
22 - showings - favorite "feedback comment" - "kitchen is too close to the front door" wtf???
1 - diet coke I've had in more than two weeks - and it wasn't even a large from McDonalds!
30 - minutes I huff and puff on my elliptical at 6 in the morning
countless:
-hours of sleep I lose thinking about all t
his nonsense

I just had to get that out. I am excited about the two library positions I have applied for. I am bummed that the house hasn't even coaxed an offer out of someone and I think we might lower our price AGAIN just to sell it and be done with it. Oy. Trying not to think about that one too much. But, all in all, I am in general good spirits. My brother is driving through around the time of Liam's birthday, so that's got me excited. I'll be in NJ for my mom's 60th birthday in just a few weeks. Lots of good things
happening here. Lots of unknowns, too
...I'll leave ya with this pic of Liam at field day
.

No comments:

Post a Comment