Saturday, May 28, 2011

Firmer ground

Today our potential buyers stopped by to take some measurements. I arranged for Bill to get the kids out of the house and I planned to park myself on the back porch with a book to stay out of their way.

Well, things went very differently, in a good way. The couple was friendly and excited about the house. A few minutes in they revealed that their two boys were out in the car (it's sweltering here). As I invited them in, Bill turned up with our boys. Well, next thing you know, it's nearly a play date. Liam was showing the boys their future rooms and all the cool nooks and crannies our house has to offer. By the time they left, an hour later, they had purchased a HUGE chunk of our furniture and left me feeling like we really did sell our house.

Whew.

I guess the only things I have to worry about are: a bad inspection (but the house is only 3 years old, so it can't go bad...right? Don't answer that - I'll find out on Thursday) and their financing falling through. BUT, the latter isn't likely...

So, I feel like it's really going to happen. The truck is rented. Bill's return ticket to TX is purchased so he can finish out his contract. We just need to secure some jobs....I hope my next post reveals that I have an interview...we'll see....

I am so excited about spending the summer at the lake...and when my mom gets back from Norway, I'm sure I'll spend a week with her at the beach....aaahhhh, ocean, how I've missed you.

I need to go and put the finishing touches on Liam's birthday party favors...oh, and pack some more...for someone who has purged a BOAT LOAD of books...I sure do have a lot of books to pack. Ug.

1 comment: