Monday, May 9, 2011

The latest.

Just so you know, it is a miserable 90-something degrees here. I am sweating and sticky and quite miserable as I write this. But, as you know, I have a smile in my eyes and a laugh somewhere near by, because that is just me...and I have really cute, funny boys to make sure I don't wallow or feel sorry for myself for more than a second or two.

So, I did not get the job. I will not be a kindergarten teacher. They filled the position internally. It's fine, really. I'm supposed to be a librarian, anyway. I am trying so hard not to feel crushed. I am sure it is just one of many positions I will apply for in the upcoming months. I did, though, put a lot of stock into this position, hence this 'licking-my-wound' mope-iness I am feeling. It was my belief that if I got this job, every thing else would fall into place around it. Every thing concerning our move back to NY. Aaaah, how life never quite works out the way you think it will...

But, fear not, my north eastern friends - we are still coming. Bill has had a very good interview and I think he will have a lot of options. He won't have any trouble getting a nice job. Sadly, the market for school librarians is very, very small. Something will turn up, I know it will. I am ever hopeful and confident that things will work out just fine.

Other not very important, but moderately interesting updates:
-It has been a week since I have had ANY diet coke. I miss the delicious icy sweet stuff on hot afternoons like this one and sometimes when I am eating dinner. BUT, all in all, I am faring just fine without the junk.

-I have been hungry for a week...trying to eat better. Not going to weigh myself just yet though. Next week we'll see if any of this has paid off.

-In the meantime, the left over Mother's Day brownies that Bill bought found their way to the bottom of the trash this morning instead of my belly. The temptation was too hard to resist. I had to just chuck them...otherwise, especially after this afternoon's not-so-thrilling news, I would have eaten the whole lot of them in one sitting.

-A bit of housekeeping - I am beginning to acquire a pile of things that belong to my dear friends, the Nolans. I am hoping that typing this list will remind me to give it all back when they swing by tomorrow - two paperbacks, a kiddie picnic table, a cashmere scarf, and their son's first lost tooth. yeah, quite a list.

-Finally, Finn's hearing is perfect, as per his ENT visit this morning. So, he is clearly choosing to ignore me and talk in his own sweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment