Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wonderful things...

So, after a bleak weekend where I felt so lethargic I didn't wash one dish or do one productive thing followed by two days with nauseating headaches, I am finally able to write about some wonderful things.

First, my headache is gone. 

Monday, I took Littleman to meet Mo Willems, author of some of our favorite books, such as:

Pee

Time to Pee and Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.  Littleman was so good at the book store.  Mo read his new book, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy, showed everyone how to draw the pigeon, and then signed books.  Littleman even waited in line...okay, I had to bribe him with some crackers, but he was very patient for a two year old.  He told Mo his favorite line in Time to Pee, "Go for it, dude!"  Later, in the food court, Littleman saw Mo getting some lunch and shouted his name over and over in the cavernous, echo-y place.  It was pretty funny and Mo was a good sport about it.

Tuesday, I had my first "Letter of the week" playdate (C is for cats and cupcakes).  It was a big success (the moms seemed impressed and the kids listened, sang, and smiled)...and fun.  Reminiscent of my teaching days, but totally relaxed, and a mom brought cupcakes!!!  It was really nice.

Today we had a very nice playdate in the morning and Littleman napped for two hours!  He's napped like that all week and I am SO grateful.  Mon. and Tues. I had the headache, and today I needed to clean.  I'm sure I've jinxed it now...

Also, each morning, after my workout at the gym, I sit in a eucalyptus steam shower for five minutes.  It is UNBELIEVABLE!  I feel the toxins sweating right out of me...it's so relaxing and luxurious.  I feel very lucky to be able to do that every morning.  It really is a luxury.

SO, it's been a good week, so far.  Just wanted to share it.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment