Saturday, June 14, 2008

How can this be?

 

TIM

We are in shock.  How can this larger than life man be gone?  He just gave the eulogy at Papabear's father's funeral a couple of months ago.  Papabear's mom just saw him a few weeks ago in Boston for his son's graduation.  How on earth can this be?  And how can one woman (Papabear's mom) be expected to endure so much? Her husband and her brother?  I just don't understand how things can turn out like this. 

If you have seen any of the broadcastings on MSNBC or Dateline about Tim, he is one of those remarkable people in which everything you hear about him is true.  He had such passion.  He loved this country and he loved his family to no end.  He brought us Nini and put Papabear through PA school.  He was such a good man.  Such a brilliant, yet down to earth, kind soul.  And he really did love children.  Whenever we visited he always had special toys he had picked out for Littleman and he would go after Littleman's "cherries." (His belly.)   It was such a priviledge and honor to have known him. 

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

4 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry. Please give Papabear and his family my sympathies. Once again I wish I was with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, J. I wish I were with you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss... Clark and I were talking about how sad it was that such an amazing man was gone, and we didn't even realize we knew people who were directly related to him and grieving his loss on a personal level... My thoughts and prayers are with you (and all of Papabear's family)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. TR was PB's uncle? Guess I never knew! So, so sorry for you and for your extended family, goodness gracious. Go Bills, Mr. Russert.

    ReplyDelete