Monday, June 23, 2008

Um...so it's pretty hot here...

I know we were all expecting this post...I thought I could stick it out until July before posting it, though!  SO, it's 98 EVERYDAY.  Fortunately, it's not too terribly humid, so it's not awful, awful.  But, I'll be honest, it's pretty frickin' hot.  I made a fruit salad to bring to a playdate today, packed it in my little cooler with THREE freezer elements and when we took it out (four hours later) it was WARM.  Shocking. 

Recently, I made a comment to a (local) friend about how hot it is.  It went something like this:

Me: Man, it's hot!  I think it's supposed to be like this until- [I was going to say Friday]

Friend: October.

She wasn't even joking!!!

Now, I thought we'd be stuck inside all summer long because of the heat. Not so, I am happy to report.  BUT, you really do have to be by a pool.  (Our community has two and they are both right up the street from us.)  If you are in a wet bathing suit or submerged in water, the heat is really not so bad.  Also, being in the shade really helps.  If you can get to a playground before 10 in the morning, it's bearable.  After that the plastic is just too hot to handle.  And, when we're at playdates or having one here, the kids run outside and don't seem to be as affected as us grown ups.  They run in and out and fill up with water.  Sprinklers are handy, too. Oddly, the hottest part of the day here if from 4 to 6.  SO, this is when I let Littleman watch a Little Einsteins video (or something like it) while I prep dinner.  If he's had a good nap, we swim after dinner.  It's a pretty decent life.

Well, felt the need to randomly ramble.  The need has been satisfied.  Hope it's not too hot where you are sitting down to read this.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment