Sunday, June 15, 2008

In the midst of grief...

there's this three year old boy who is bubbling over with just the joy of being awake in the morning.  We threw an impromptu birthday party for Littleman at our house yesterday.  We had planned something a little more elaborate for him and his friends...but, obviously, other arrangements needed to be made.  I am lucky for many reasons.  We have a small group of really great friends who helped in every way imaginable - mostly by bringing their kiddies over filled with energy and "Happy Birthdays" for our little boy to feel special.  I was lucky to have my mom here, as she kept Littleman out of the house so Papabear and I could decorate and clean. 

So, while we try to figure out how to grieve all over again, I will leave you with video of Littleman swimming in Arizona and getting his drumset.  And some pictures of his little celebration.

And, thank you to all of you have called and are wishing us well.  We are hanging in there.  We have each other and that is keeping us strong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. i have totally failed my son by not taking him to swimming lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too late! But, the reason he's so good is because in addition to a lesson once a week since January, I take him to the pool at least one or two more times in the same week. That's the advantage of the gym membership and hot summer months until October (so they tell me! ack!). Still, Skywalker is a fast learner and strong. I bet he'd pick it up quick if he took lessons at the Y. I'd certainly go in on something like that for a b-day present....just a thought...

    ReplyDelete