Friday, May 23, 2008

Sunny skies...

So, I survived my week caring for two little ones.  My brain is somewhat in tact.  And now I'd like to take a moment to to shout my praises to all the moms of mulitples that I know read this blog: JM, KBC, LF, EAB, MW (forgive me if your initials are not listed, as I said, my brain is only "somewhat intact").  AND, this shout goes out to ALL the moms out there...How you manage to keep your kids smiling and fed and happy and loved and STILL manage to work, or cook, or wear matching matching socks is nothing short of a miracle.

Littleman hated sharing his toys, hated sharing mommy, and managed to get himself in more timeouts this week than

 he has ever had in his entire LIFE!  It pretty much sucked.  Little Nini was great.  Luckily, he's super mellow and easy going.  Cute as a button.  I think if Littleman had more time, he'd adjust to the lifestyle (a sibling kind of lifestyle), but this week was really tough.  I booked a massage...and look forward to getting back to the gym (something I had to give up this week).

Now for some really exciting, awesomely good news.  Papabear got a raise...a really significant raise.  Significant enough to iron out that stress-crease between his eyebrows.  Enough to make me feel a LOT less guilty about my decision to stay home with Littleman.  Enough to make me actually hear sighs of relief coming from my dear husband.  I could tell how happy he was...not just because he's doing a good job and the doctor he works for has noticed, but because he could really offer me the life I have always wanted.  A chance to devote myself to my family.  I can't describe how happy this makes me...or how proud I am to have Papabear in my life. I feel so lucky.

On a similar note, a couple of moms have showed interest in my "professional babysitting" services.  SO, I might actually be paid to watch some kids and make a little extra cash.  Papabear said that could be my "massage money."  I thought that was pretty sweet of him.  I think I'll save it for something really great...another weekend in Austin, perhaps.

OH, one last thing.  My dear brother Chuckie came in for a brief visit and gig.  It was bittersweet.  I miss him SO much and we only had a day to hang out.  Littleman was beside himself to see him.  Seeing him made me miss his wife and my parents, and my friends all the more.  STILL, it was a great visit.  His gig was awesome and it was nice to give him a real hug.

So, friends, the sun is shining on us.  Enjoy some pictures from the last couple of days below.  I apologize if this is a bit of a ramble...I'm beat.

These first two are from a hot dog playdate.  Good times...

 

Check out Littleman's FIRST happy face!  He's getting better and better at drawing them.  

Here's Littleman in our community kiddie pool.  It's a wonderful little haven...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm SOO happy for you! Hurray! I'm sorry you weren't able to spend more time with your brother and miss back home so much :( It's hard, I know :( But I'm glad you have such great news!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete