Saturday, December 20, 2008

Home away from home...

Littleman and I arrived back in TX last night.  For the record, falling into Papabear's arms at the airport is all the home I'll ever need.  However, the moment I walked into my kitchen it was like slipping into a warm bath or pulling on my old fleece robe.  I love that every nook of our home is filled with warmth, coziness, and love...a lot like my dad's house in Arizona.  I never feel like a guest there, always a part of the family. (Thanks guys, we miss you so much already!)

My childhood equipped me with the ability to feel at home nearly anywhere I go, though.  All the trips to Norway, my parents' travels, camping trips, and the divorce, had my brother and I sleeping all over in all sorts of beds.  I didn't mind it much (I'll admit, when I was a teenager it was sometimes frustrating).  Still, I didn't really know any other way.  When I was nineteen, I was in line at 6am for standing room only tickets for RENT, only to have to wait until 8pm for the show.  By three in the afternoon, my friend and I were exhausted.  I took her to the Museum of Natural History, parked ourselves in the dark corner by the giant squid exhibit on the lower level, and I slept, like a baby, for nearly two hours. 

Most of you who read this have had me in your home.  In case you didn't know, I felt like I was at home with you.  It's pretty hard to alienate me.  Pretty much a smile makes a place homey in my opinion.  Good food is always nice, hugs even better, comfy couches and I'm in heaven. 

I wish all of you a warm, cozy holiday filled with love and laughter, where ever you might rest your head at the end of the day.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment