Thursday, December 4, 2008

Posting from McDonalds

Yes, I am writing to you from a McDonalds.  I'm pretty sure I never imagined this scenario when I was younger and picturing myself as a hip mama.  I won an hour of free-wifi from a diet coke I bought during the "monopoly game" days.  I am also ashamed to tell you that the temperature is 47 and I just can't bear to spend an hour at the park.  I am pretty sure that I'd be loving 47 degrees if I were still residing in NY.  However, Littleman is running around inside a gi-normous McDonalds playland with two little boys he befriended twenty minutes ago.  I have finished three Christmas ornaments (yes, I am the dorky kind of person who has brought a canvas bag packed with crafts, pens, paper, markers, and a laptop), caught up on some emails, and now blogging. 

My medium diet coke has only been refilled once and Littleman is halfway done with some apple dippers and milk.  For $3.45 I feel like I am really getting my dollars worth here at the golden arches.

I should really start wrapping things up - I plan to make a turkey lasagna with the last of the left over turkey tonight.  I have never made a successful lasagna...should be interesting.  Last night I made a killer minestrone.

Bloodwork is tomorrow...could I have picked a better night to make a cheesie dinner...ug...guess I'll have left over soup.  I have been taking cholesterol lowering medicine since the summer...man, I hope I get some good results.  It probably does not help that I forget to take them a lot of the time.

And finally, (I promise to stop rambling after this), yesterday I spent SIX hours baking!  Yes, six hours.  The night before I made my great grandmother's gingerbread, it needs to sit in the fridge overnight.  It usually takes me a week to roll out all the dough and bake the cookie...but, I got started around 2, Littleman helped for a while, but after making three gingerbread t-rex's he was tired.  So, i just kept baking and baking...and at some point I thought, "Well, I might as well just get it all done."  So, I did.  185 cookies later...and I only ate two and NO raw dough.  I swear, I could hardly look at the stuff after the third batch.  I simply cannot believe how many cookies that damn recipe yields!  I don't think I turned the oven off until after 8.  I did have to pause to make the minestrone - from scratch - and bake crusty bread to dip in the soup....And all this was after a puppet making playdate.  I think I am insane.

Um...Littleman has not come down from the "climbing" thing in...at least 15 minutes...should I be worried? I hear him chattering away...are those bigger kids listening to him??? Well, no tears so far...I guess I'll check in...

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thank`s for the article that you wrote article! A lot of time I was trying to find some new material for me, and I guess I have it thanks to you. Thank`s once more. I will be waitingimpatiently for new information that you write.

    ReplyDelete