Monday, December 8, 2008

The skinny...

My visit to the doctor on Friday was a real eye-opener.  In four months I managed to NOT lose a pound AND actually increase my cholesterol.  Yes, I go to the gym frequently, but I am clearly eating WAY too much.  And none of this is the shocking part of my tale.  The doctor asked me a series of questions about my eating habits, sleeping habits, and what's been going on in my life lately.  He then suggested I take some mild antidepressants until February.  Well, that about knocked me off my chair.  I cried.  It was embarrassing.  As he handed me tissues he explained that I was using food as a crutch to get me though some tough times.  Ideally, the antidepressants would make me feel better and lead to me not eating as much.

HA HA HA.  Needless to say, after a good cry in my car, I went home to Papabear with my tail between my legs.  I was ashamed that I hadn't lowered my cholesterol and that I can't control my eating.  We talked all weekend long about what to do.  He recognized that his depression was a bit contagious (my happiness, sadly, often revolves around his).  My biggest concern was becoming dependant.  I can't need drugs to help me eat right.  I lost weight once before and I can do it again.  I need to make it my lifestyle - for good.  Finally, Papabear suggested I join Weight Watchers again.  I was the most successful on that "plan."  So, I did.  I have been hungry all day - but I am appreciating what I put in my mouth quite a bit more.  I even attended a "cookie baking" playdate today and managed to ONLY eat three clementines - no cookies at all!

So, there you have it.  I'm not depressed.  I'm really not.  I just have serious eating issues that I need to work on.  I'd like to end on a much lighter note.  Yesterday we spend the day at the Dallas Arboredum.  It was wonderful.  Enjoy the pics:

Remember this girl - the one without glasses???  I was momentarily blind...man I miss my contacts.  And look at my little boy's bed head.  Can't do anything with that mop top!

Littleman took this picture all by himself!  And yes, I do wear gingerbread man socks in public.

The Candy Cane Cottage...

Mailing his letter to Santa. 

 

 

Aaahhh, the good ole days....

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. HUGE {{{hugs}}} You are an amazing person, B {{hug}}And the pix are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete