Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shocking...and yet, not so shocking

I was getting dressed at the gym this morning, like four of the seven mornings of the week.  When I pulled my jeans out of the locker, something did not seem right....that's because they were PAPABEAR'S jeans!!!!  Is this really shocking?  Probably not, many of you are thinking right now, "Classic B," and I agree.  Many times I have forgotten underwear or socks or, the worst, a bra (which requires me to wear the sweaty gross workout bra - sorry, but my girls just can't fly alone.) 

Anywho, what is shocking, and utterly depressing to report, is that although Papabear's jeans were entirely too long...they almost fit around the middle.  Unbelievable.  I mean, I KNOW I eat way too much - I seriously need counseling or hypnosis - BUT, I do work out four to five days a week!  I also have gone down a whole pants size...even if I've only lost seven pounds in the entire year I've been here and a member of a very nice gym.

This emotional eating nonsense it my downfall.  I eat when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, bored, tired, missing people, angry...I EVEN eat when I have a stomach ache (and headaches) because I am certain food can cure all my pains - physical and emotional.  Now, the clever B knows that all this eating is bad for me and in no way cures or even satiates my worries and joys...doesn't stop her, though.

And the absolute worst of all this, is that every day I am closer to getting pregnant and I KNOW KNOW KNOW that getting prego with 20/15 extra pounds is just bad in so many ways.  UG.

OH, and one last thing...Papabear had this great idea - "Let's send our friends back east texas-y ornaments for Christmas."  I though, "Great, it's easy, we can afford it. Lovely."  So, I promptly went out the next day and bought some ornaments and many of them have been wrapped and shipped.  TODAY, after my slip up with the jeans, my brain got to thinking about other things...like...I might have had that brilliant idea LAST year, when we first moved here.  However, I honestly cannot remember much from last November or December..and I apologize if you might have two "texas-ish" ornaments on your tree.  You can't even re-gift something like that...double UG.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on losing 7 lbs! You are doing it the hard way and the right way! So that's great! On the ornaments, it's the thought that counts, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember getting any texas-y ornaments last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I don't even buy cookies or junk. And even though it sounds like I'm baking all the time, I'm really not - and I truly do give almost all of it away. I just eat too much and too frequently.

    ReplyDelete