Saturday, November 29, 2008

The best kind of day...

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day.  Feasting with friends and family is truly one of my favorite ways to pass precious time on this planet.  The day AFTER Thanksgiving, though, was by far, the best day of the year...so far.  We woke up, had pancakes and tidied.  We spent most of the day putting up the Christmas tree and decorations.  Papabear made

 amazing leftover lunch sandwiches.  While Littleman napped, Papabear and I took advantage of the "free movie channel" weekend our cable provider offered.  We pretty much watched movies all afternoon.  In the evening we ordered a pizza and watched more movies.  We were in our pajamas most of the day.  Aside from a dream vacation on the beaches of Greece, I cannot honestly think of a better way to spend my time.  Me, the hubby, and my boy, relaxing and loving each other.  

Today hasn't been all that different.  We left the house to pick up some more lights for outside and a few more ornaments.  I found a cupcake one!!!!  Totally love it.  The three of us had a picnic at a park.  Littleman ordained me "dragon-mommy" and I had the honor of chasing my boys through a playground maze roaring and attracting stares from other grown ups.  I think I'll go watch Atonement now while the little cherub is sleeping. 

I am so thankful to be healthy and happy.  Thankful that my husband and child and most of my friends and family are the same.  I am thankful for this weekend of peaceful laziness.  I will savor it and keep it close.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment: