Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I am a spineless wimp...

So, the bosses are back from Africa and scrambling to find a replacement for me.  Luckily, they have three interviews this week.  However, I was called into the office today and they begged me to stay just "a few more weeks."  They promised that if they could find a replacement by the end of the week, I only had to stay a couple of more days to train her.  They also said I could have multiple days off during the week....bizarre...but, you should have seen me in the office.  I have a pretty nasty headcold, so I was practically shaking when they were speaking to me.  I think they thought my sanity was on the line - so I let them think that - I am trying to keep my husband from falling apart and the stress involved there is enough to make me insane. 

I know what you're thinking - WHERE'S THAT BACKBONE???  Well, you guys know I never really had one to begin with.  And here are two things to keep in mind: First, a little extra cash for the holidays will help a LOT.  Since I don't really have any steadily paying babysitting gigs at the moment, this will do...Second, I really feel bad for my seven students and their parents - they don't even know I'm going yet!  I like them all so much...it's not their fault I can't stand working as a preschool teacher.

SO, I will work for a few more weeks...probably only three days a week...the only thing that worries me is when I said, "I'd like an actual END date," the director sort of grimaced and said she couldn't give one.  WTF????  Let's just all say a prayer that they hire someone on Thursday and I can be done by Wednesday of next week, okay???  I am just a giant wimp.

In the meantime, take a look at the most recent Upstart catalog (the one that sells my game).  Here's how they are advertising my game.  Pretty cool, ay?

 

And, here's a photo we received from the White House.  It was taken at Tim's wake.  I know...it's weird...weird that they took the photos, weird that George "autographed" it and sent it back...weird...still...you don't get to see this every day.

 

They must have thought that was Bill's wife, not sister....anywho...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. You're going to work through Christmas. You know that right? Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile. Or give a mouse a cookie...

    ReplyDelete