Sunday, November 16, 2008

What I hate/love about cooking...and a dino photo

What I LOVE about cooking at home:

-fresh/often organic ingredients

-portion control

-little to no cholesterol, absolutely no trans fats or high fructose corn syrup

-makes Papabear happy when I make something that actually tastes good

-I can eat it barefoot or in my pj's

-cheaper than eating out

What I HATE about cooking at home:

-the menu must come from my mind after endless hours in front of cookbooks and/or cooking websites.

-not only do I have to buy, prep, and cook the food, but clean up afterwards

-I SUCK at improvising, so if I forget to buy an ingredient, the meal has the potential to taste very wrong (this has happened...more than once - that's why I keep organic pizzas in the freezer)

-I frequently undercook fish and we end up eating 40 minutes later, cranky and starving

Ahhh, that feels better.  It just feels good to get that off my chest.  This weekend we took Littleman to an outdoor dinosaur exhibit.  Over 15 lifesize, animatronic dinosaurs cleverly arranged along a one mile path through the woods.  It was totally awesome.  It was also only 50 degrees, so it felt great to be bundled up and tromping over leaves and dirt and "discover" a roaring raptor or t-rex around the bend - one even sprayed "venom" (water) - Littleman's favorite.  Of course I forgot the camera, so the only one I have is from Papabear's cell phone.  We're sitting on a lame little dino set up for photos - the exhibit ones looked real - even their eyes moved.  Super fun.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. I bet Boogie would LOVE that dinosaur thing... So awesome!

    ReplyDelete